Are you one of our more "experienced" players? Have been around long enough to remember the days of 7-a-side touch footy (and maybe even 8-a-side)? Are you an ex-league or ex-union player looking to keep fit?
Townsville Touch Football runs an over-age "veterans" competition, for ages 30 and above, from March to August each year.
2020 Competition Dates
- Round 1 - Tuesday 3 March, 2020
- Season resume (after COVID-19 hibernation) - Tuesday July 14, 2020
- Grand Finals (all grades) - Tuesday 17 November, 2020
- Team nomination fee - $735.00 per team (a late fee of $100 is applied if not paid before the first game)
- Match fee - $5/player
- Teams must supply at least one (1) person to the referee pool (see "Duty Referee" below)
First time organising a team?
Get more information about how to organise your team!
All teams must supply at least one (1) referee when nominating to ensure that there are enough referees to cover games across the competition. Referees are not required to be accredited to begin with, and will receive training and accreditation by attending a free referees course held early in the season.
Referees are also paid for all matches they complete.
Duty referees may not be allocated every week, but when allocated must ensure they attend and officiate the game as allocated. If a duty referee isn't able to do so, they will need to find a replacement (usually from within their own team) or the team will lose two (2) competitions points.
Official referee's shirts, as well as spare whistles (if you forget yours) may be borrowed from the admin window on games nights.
Ready to go?
If you've got all of the above information ready, then let's get registered!