Townsville Touch Football (TTF) wishes to advise our community that all of our supported touch football competitions will remain “business as usual” at this point in time.
We are aware of the advice from the Federal Government regarding gatherings of more than 500 people, issued 13 March 2020 and taking effect Monday 16 March 2020.
At any point in time during our regular touch football competitions our numbers at Queens Park do not reach this limit.
The TTF Executive have considered this advice, as well as the advice available from both the federal and state health authorities and have determined that competitions will run as usual, with only minor changes and recommendations as listed further in this memo.
We will be awaiting further information from both Touch Football Australia and the Federal and State Governments, and we will advise any changes to our position via our official communication channels (as detailed further in this memo) as soon as they come to hand.
The TTF Executive ask that all members and supporters take note of the following recommendations and requirements.
If I am sick?
- If you are feeling sick, please remain home rather than attending Queen Park. Please contact your team manager/coach as soon as possible to advise them that you will not be able to attend.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, please follow all up-to-date medical advice and see your doctor.
If I contract the COVID-19 virus?
- If you have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus, please ensure you follow all medical advice, including isolation guidelines.
- Please contact us via email immediately so that we can inform other members that may have come in contact with you to get tested. (We will keep your information anonymous unless otherwise required).
At Touch Football Matches and Training
- Please ensure that you wash your hands thoroughly before and after any matches you are involved in. It is recommended to use hand sanitiser where possible.
- DO NOT share your water bottle with anyone.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with other people.
- The TTF Executive DOES NOT recommend the shaking of hands before or after a match – this should be replaced by another non-contact form at the team’s discretion.
- Referees will no longer conduct a coin toss to determine the tap and direction of play, and will instead instruct captains to play “scissors-paper-rock”.
At all times
- Carry hand sanitiser (where possible) and use to ensure your hands are thoroughly cleaned.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and ensure you wash your hands afterwards.
- Follow all directions and medical recommendations, as advised by the Federal and State Governments, to contain the spread of the virus.
Further Updates and Information Sharing
While we encourage all of our clubs, teams, and members to share information posted to our social media streams, please remember to share the post directly (rather than a screenshot of it), so that any updates can be made and reflected automatically across social media platforms.
Where possible, we recommend directing other teams, clubs, and members to our official communication channels for information, in order to ensure that the most up-to-date and accurate information is received.
Our official communication channels remain:
- Adult competitions – townsvilletouch.com
- Junior competitions – tjt.org.au
- Social Media & Team App:
- Adult competitions
- Junior competitions
- Adult competitions
As previously stated, we will endeavour to release information as it comes to hand, via the channels above.